Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Winter Quarter 2010 summary

Current Quote of the moment: "People who looked on the bright side of things would be beautiful even if they were not.” ---No good Country People short story by Flannery O’Connor

I agree with this quote very much. I think there is an attractive quality about someone who is very optimistic. Even if they and/or other people think they are not good looking, optimism does play an attractional force upon others that intrigue them and make them want to be around them. It makes them attractive and beautiful in a sense.

Current Song of the moment: "Concrete Schoolyard" by Jurassic 5

This song really has a nostalgic kind of tune to it and the lyrics match it quite well. It makes me remember back to my elementary days and what it was like and I realize that I had no idea that I'd be where I am today.

Also, if you also listen to the lyrics, it talks about how they bring back the oldschool beats that are true to hip hop. I really like that, because Ii honestly think the direction mainstream hip hop is going... i don't know. i kinda don't like it, but a lot of people do so i don't hate. they just have a bunch of auto-tune and remake tons of techno/trance based songs into remakes and calling it hip hop. It makes me a little annoyed; but what can i do? right? btw. i effing luv J5




So here's what I realized about myself and blogging. I need to be inspired to blog. I read a few of my friend's and I was inspired to blog once again. Also, I always wait a long time till my next blog, by doing so, it makes my blogs super LONG, because I like to be very detailed. It just how I am. (also, since it takes me so long to write a blog, I'd rather just chill on my free time that write and think. and with all my free time i'd rather just watch anime or read manga. nerdy i know haha.) So since this is another long one, I have a bullet point list, feel free to skip ahead if there are parts you don't really want to read.

  1. Winter Quarter as a whole
  2. Spring Break
  3. failed at Lent, but i did grow.
  4. Tattoo easter mom and dad
  5. PCN
  6. Spring Quarter 2010
  7. Liwanag's upcoming events
WINTER QUARTER 2010
  • In my opinion, this has been the most challenging quarter yet. Man... 12 units, but all upper div. 1 class was the hardest class in my major and considered to be one of the most difficult classes offered at UCI. Econometrics, Econ 122b. The last installment of the series. It is economic theory mixed with statistics. ugly stuff man. but i passed with a C+ (and i was dancing for joy with this grade... even tho i know it's fairly low. I'm just glad i don't have to retake it again.)
  • My next class was my upper div writing class. It was an interesting a fun class, but the workload was heavy and I suck at writing, so i found the class to be quite difficult. Plus, the TA/Professor were quite nit-picky. B+
  • And I had another upper div econ class but I liked what we learned very much.(because I like microeconomics) so i did super well. = ] A
  • But on top of all the classes, I had SSARC work to do, with a lot of pro bono hours worked, PCN skit, and Liwanag core stuff like winter retreat, Liwanag meetings, and Sunday mass.
  • It was a difficult quarter with a lot on my plate. but looking back at it, I am so glad did it. I really feel like I accomplished a lot and I think i managed my time well. I received high marks on my end of the quarter evaluation for the SSARC, Liwanag retreat happened and i heard good things, as well as the meetings, and I have memorized most if not all of my lines and blocking as of date. It was a tough quarter, but i really feel proud of myself that I survived and did deccent if not above average with what I had to accomplish. (According to my standards of course) But when the quarter wrapped up, I was just sooo glad that Spring Break was already here waiting for me.
SPRING BREAK
  • So really quickly, all I did spring break was lounge around at home, hang out with High School friends, spend some quality time with the family, and get my tattoo! So it was an epic week, clubbing, eating out, catching up with friends, and of course, family time.
  • So I have been thinking about this for a while now about the tattoo idea. My HS friend Alexis Rambo wanted to get a sibling tattoo of their last name with all her siblings. I heard this over a year ago. I liked the idea and brought it up with my sibling and see what they thought of it.
  • They all liked the idea and I had an idea for our design. I got this idea from the book Angels and Demons (never read it but I saw the illustrations in the beginning of the chapters) where the words were designed in a way where it could be read upside down and right side up at the same time. and Instead of getting our last name, we wanted to get JUDEL. Let me briefly explain the meaning.
EASTER
  • My dad's Filipino nick name is Juc, my mom's name is Adel. They made the word Judel, and under legal documents, our names all of Judel in it. My real legal name is AceJudel, my siblings are AnnJudel, Judelson, and JudelMay.
  • So all the sibling were gathered up for easter, after mass and our easter lunch, we all gathered around in front of my parents and said we had an easter surprise. I was hella scared cuz Ate May told me to tell mom and Dad and speak for us cuz it was mostly my initial idea... I was hella scared guys, no lie. I had no idea how my mom and dad were going to react.
  • We took off our shirts and my mom goes "All of you guys did that!" (in tagalog and refering to a tattoo). Ate told me to explain why we got it and what i wrote on my profile pic caption. I said something along these lines.
  • This way, every time i look back...
    I'll always be reminded of who I am,
    where I came from,
    who raised me, and
    who influence me to be the person I am today.
  • Once I turned around to gauge their reaction, i realized that they were both a little teary eyed from happiness. It made me really happy. Of course the next question was how much did it cost and all that stuff. but i think they liked the fact that it was meaningful, and that we have a strong sibling bond. (also we got a great discount for going as a group. lol) This is the most memorable easter yet.
LENT
  • So speaking of easter, I failed on my lenten promise, but i feel like i grew in faith non-the less. That's all I have to say about that.
PCN (Philippino Culture Night)
  • So I'm actually super excited about PCN. If you don't already know, I'm part of skit and we generally show how Filipino's adapt and assimilate/survive in American Society. I really the story line I am acting. This skit is so much fun. Acting in general for me is so much fun. My anxiety has been replaced with excitement once I had my lines and blocking memorized. = ] I'm also excited that I'll be able to show my friends (in UCI and some HS friends that are coming, plus my immediate family what I do here at UCI and what I'm capable of. hehe) So I'm very excited.
SPRING QUARTER 2010 AND LIWANAG
  • This quarter is very chill for me. Only 8 units, but I have a lot of big things coming up for Liwanag. Hopefully this'll be a good chance to boost un-increasing GPA and put more time and effort into Liwanag.
  • I can't wait for Spirit Rally, May first everyone! We are just barely planning things, but it's going to be good.
  • Spring banquet and the end of the year meetings... It's really a bittersweet ending. I never knew I could be this close to some of the seniors right now. It makes me sad that they are leaving. But everyone's gotta spread their wings sometime right? It makes me sad just thinking about it... Maybe I shud stop writing right here. As one of my friends said... "Man... I think ima seriously cry when the seniors leave."
  • Ima do my best to hold it in.
  • I'm also excited for asking certain individuals for Liwanag Core. These are the potential people that I might work with next year. I have such high hopes for them. I can't wait to hear back from them and their responses. = ]
That's all and thanks for reading. much luv everyone.

End time: 5:17pm

1 comment:

Omar Pérez said...

Quite the Winter quarter...

How is your Spring Quarter coming along?
=]